Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More on the Co Existence in Acre

Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award Winner

On 6th September 17 year-old Alaa Korabi, our first Duke of Edinburgh’s International Gold Award recipient, cast a golden light over the entire Centre, a light which shone even brighter when he represented the Arab sector at the 50th Birthday celebratory event attended by HRH Prince Edward. In perfect English Alaa said, “Six million young people from 120 countries have taken part in the Awards since it began 50 years ago in Gordonstoun School in England. And here I am this evening, standing here before you, Alaa Korabi from The Sir Charles Clore Jewish-Arab Community Center, Acre, a Gold Award Winner… It has changed my life!”

Currently visiting the UK, it is interesting to hear the attitudes of the various Jewish communities towards their life in the UK. There is an underlining trend of serious concern regarding their future in the UK which seems to confirm what many writers and analyists, who are termed "doomsayers" project in their articles.

More on this when I return

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon! cheap auto insurance